Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Newark, New Jersey - NJ, USA)
Just five minutes south of Newark city, the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) lies alongside the busy I-95 interstate (New Jersey Turnpike). Newark Airport is also close to New York and can be reached from all directions.
Landmarks close to Newark Airport include the Weequahic Park, Mount Olivet Cemetery and Rosemont Memorial Park to the west, and Newark Bay and the Elizabeth Channel to the east. On the western side of the airport, the US-1 and 9 runs in a northeast / southwest direction and leads into the complex, running parallel with the Frelinghuysen Avenue. Roads located within the complex of Newark Airport include Pitcairn Road and Hotel Road.
Other prominent roads nearby include the North Avenue East, which runs along the southern side of Newark Airport and joins the I-95 interstate. To the north, the I-78 is a major interstate and spans the bay, leading to Liberty State Park.
Directions to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) from the city center:
- There are four main ways to reach the airport
- Newark Airport is well sign posted along all major highways and roads
- Highways US-1 and US-9 runs parallel to Newark Bay and the Hudson River
- The New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate I-95) travels through New Jersey and the airport can be reached by taking exits 13A and 14
- Interstate 78 travels out of Manhattan and runs close to Newark Airport
- New Jersey Route 22 travels through New Jersey and runs close to the terminal
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR): Virtual Google Maps